#TBT My Trip To Door County

Thursday, November 13, 2014


So I'm thinking on Thursdays that I will do a throwback thursday post. I think that'll be a lot of fun! So, here's the start of my new series #TBT!! Today I'm writing about my trip to Door County, Wisconsin. I have been going to Door County since I was born. I've gone almost every summer and have gone during the winter time a few times! Door County is such a beautiful place right on the peninsula in northern Wisconsin. My family usually stays in Ephraim but sometimes we stay in Fish Creek. These pictures are from two specific trips (only pictures I had on my computer). One of the times I went with my whole family (mom, dad, and Emma) and the other time I went only with my mom. Gotta love old pictures!
We like to do a lot of activities in Door County. We usually do some sort of water sport. We've gone tubing, parasailing, gone fishing, renting a boat, or riding jet skis. We also do some sort of art project. My family is VERY artsy (especially my mom) and do all sorts of crafts. There is this place called Hands On which is an art studio. They literally have every type of art you can think of! We've done ceramics, painting (canvas and ceramics), splatter paint, made ornaments, sculptures and more! 


We also usually will go horseback riding at this one specific stables (I forgot the name). It's hilarious because my dad HATES horseback riding and we went every year. His hatred for horseback riding happened when we were in the Wisconsin Dells horseback riding in the woods and every time a tree came up (soo every 5 seconds) the horse would smack him into the tree. Lets just say the horse wasn't a fan of my dad. It was pretty funny for the rest of us but he hated every moment of it.

Our nights were filled with eating amazing food especially a Fish Boil from The Old Post Office. It is an amazing restaurant that has a little preview showing them actually boiling the fish and telling many different stories about the area we're in and how they get the fish etc. Such an amazing experience with amazing people! After that we would go to Wilsons for ice cream. They're known for putting a jelly bean at the bottom of your cone! It was always fun guessing which color we would get! 

Wishing I could go back to Door County! Hopefully I can go again this coming summer! It's been a few years since I've been able to find time to go out there. It's the best because the cell service is awful so it's a great time to unplug for the time you're there!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
xo
Olivia

21 comments:

  1. Wow what a great time you must have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time!!

    Xoxo,
    Summer Ann
    www.simplysummerann.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! <3 I haven't gone horseback riding in ages and miss it a ton. :[ Hope you can go again next year! (I will probably be living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! It was a great time! You should go horseback riding sometime soon!

      Delete
  5. Looks like so much fun!! Throwback posts are the best!! I have been doing one every Thursday on my blog for the past 6 months or so and it has been sooooo fun to reminisce about things through pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best?! It's such a great idea! I love looking through old pictures!

      Delete
  6. I was thinking about doing some TBT posts too! I love the idea. I've never been to Door County, but it sounds like you've had fun there. I love tubing and have been parasailing once in Mexico. What a beautiful way to see the Cozumel! I haven't ridden a horse since I was really little and would love to go horseback riding. That's hilarious what happened to your dad! I would probably hate horseback riding too haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You soo should! It'll be a lot of fun! And yes Door County is amazing you should go sometime! Haha I know my dad doesn't find it funny but the rest of us find it hilarious!

      Delete
  7. I'd love to go to a place where my kids are unplugged. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it because I get to unplug! Such a great time to relax and actually enjoy where you are! Especially in a beautiful place like Door County!

      Delete
  8. That art studio sounds like a blast. I would die to visit that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing place! Here's the link for you to check it out! http://www.handsonartstudio.com

      Delete
  9. It looks like so much fun! Theres so many things to do. Art studio is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make a trip up there! It's beautiful and the art studio is amazing!!

      Delete
  10. I love a good fish boil! Glad you had an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS