My Halloween Weekend

Wednesday, November 5, 2014


As everyone knows this past weekend was Halloween! For those who don't know, it just happens to be my favorite holiday of all time. I just love being able to dress up however you want and not be worried about people judging you. For me, it is a time of the year that I can be a kid again. Over the years (when I was younger) I had a system when it came to trick or treating. After getting as much candy as I could (using puppy dog eyes for more than 2 pieces of candy a house) I would proceed home to start my project. And this project was organizing. Yes, a 4 year old was organizing her candy! I would literally split the candy up by what they were and then count how many of each candy to write down on my list. And it gets better. After I would eat a piece of candy, I would change the number to how many there were left. Of course it was so I knew if anyone ate my candy! Hint hint Jimmy Kimmel

Now enough from the past.. On to my Halloween weekend from this year! I had a great weekend! I spent most of it with my friends and had a blast! I saw some people that I haven't seen in forever and my best friend, Mish, came to visit!! Thursday night I was a mime, Friday night I was cleopatra, and I didn't go out on Saturday. I had to be productive on Sunday and didn't want to be too tired. Unfortunately I didn't take that many pictures but I will use one that actually turned out okay! And it was Instagram worthy! 

How was everyone's Halloween weekend? And what did you all dress up as?? Feel free to leave your answers in the comments below!

Xo
Olivia

16 comments:

  1. hehehe, I had a system when I got home with all my candy too! We'd organize and section off all our candy and then set up trading posts so we could get rid of the ones we weren't too fond of and hopefully trade for something better! :P Sounds like you had a lot of fun! :]

    I haven't really had a chance to celebrate Halloween in a while, but I did get to catch up on sleep and raid the after-Halloween candy sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I would trade too! It's hilarious thinking back on it all! The after Halloween candy sales are the best!

      Delete
  2. Love your costumes! My friends had a Halloween party the Friday before Halloween because some of our friends from out of town were down. I dressed up as Sandy from Grease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Sounds like your party was a lot of fun! I've always wanted to dress up as Sandy!

      Delete
  3. I dressed up twice this Halloween. I was a flapper for a 1920's party and then my department at work went as Shark Week. Both were super fun to put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lot of fun! Putting costumes together is always fun to do!

      Delete
  4. I didn't dress up this year - but I was Pebbles twice when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I love when little kids dress up as Pebbles! My best friend's little sister did that last year! She's 4!

      Delete
  5. That is fantastic that you had such a system for your Halloween candy at such a young age!! As a kid I was never really in to Halloween and as an adult I am still not thrilled with it. I stopped dressing up pretty much as soon as it was acceptable and even now don't like to dress up for it. Yet in college I got super in to EVERY single theme party I ever went to with my sorority... so doesn't make much sense to me. I did however have to dress up for work so I was a Flyers Princess because well it was the easiest thing I could come up with at home the day of lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha yeah I was crazy organized as a kid! Halloween isn't for everyone! It's always easy to be some sort of sports player for Halloween and making a princess out of it is even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love trick or treating but I haven't been in YEARS now. I'd totally organize my candy too though, if I went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love knowing that you would do the same as me!!

      Delete
  8. I didn't dress for this halloween, nor even once in these last years. And I love halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it gets hard to dress up for Halloween! A bunch of other things start getting in the way

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a fun weekend. I didn't dress up but I gave tractor rides at the church carnival and had loads of fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great time! I'm sure the kids at the carnival loved it!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS