Getting Ready For College

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

If you're going to college for your first time you might be a little stressed. If you're anything like me, you're probably very stressed. I'm pretty anal about making sure everything is ready ahead of time that I had numerous panic attacks whether I forgot something or not. The key to getting ready is making lists. 

I cannot stress enough how lists are one of the best things to stay organized. I make lists for everything... to do lists for a day, for a week, for a month, grocery lists, shopping lists, and any type of list you could think of. When you finish something on your list you can cross it out. When I cross things out on my lists it is the best feeling knowing that I have accomplished something.

The second thing that helps is journaling. When you're getting ready for college you have a lot on your mind. Leaving home for your first time, leaving your boyfriend or girlfriend, leaving your friends, and leaving your family. Journaling helps keep all of those thoughts in an organized place that you can look at later when you have time to actually think about them. Not only does it help organize your time but it helps when you talk it out or in this case.. write it out. Your journal will eventually become your best friend.

Finally, trying not to procrastinate. I know it seems hard to not procrastinate and believe me I have a hard time with this. Waiting till the last minute seems great when you're doing other things. However, when you get down to actually having to do something, you stress about not having enough time. Try doing little things here and there so that you don't have to do everything at once. Procrastination=stress so try and keep stress away!

xo
Olivia
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13117797/?claim=dqrhu8ns5km">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS