Red Velvet Cake in a Mug

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The other day I was browsing on Pinterest and found this amazing recipe for cakes in a mug! Yes, a mug! I had to try it out and was really excited about it that I had to share with you guys! Since I'm gluten-free I modified it a bit to make it appropriate for my diet restrictions. She has a bunch of different recipes for cakes in a mug as well as other recipes in general (mostly desserts). If you want to see this and other recipes, click here! Here's the recipe for red velvet cake in a mug!

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp flour (I used gluten-free flour)
4 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
3 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp buttermilk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp red food coloring

Directions:
1. mix all the wet ingredients together into an oversized mug using a fork until batter is smooth
Just wet ingredients

2. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined
Wet and dry ingredients mixed

3. Cook in microwave for about 50 seconds (I kept it in an extra 20 seconds)
4. Be careful not to overcook as batter will become dense and rubbery
Yeah.. I stole a piece before taking the pic... oops!

5. Let cake cool slightly before piping on cream cheese frosting (I used passion fruit fluffy cream cheese from a local restaurant in the Chicago suburbs)
Still working on putting the frosting on better


I can't explain how amazing this was and how easy it was to make! Be careful with the red food coloring since it can stain clothes and your counters... I learned that the hard way. I hope you like the recipe and let me know if you try it out!!

xo
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS