Chicken Tortilla Soup

Wednesday, February 18, 2015


Since the past few days have been beyond cold here in Indiana I decided to make something to help out my body. Soup! And even better.. Chicken Tortilla Soup! This is one of my favorite recipes to make and I love eating this soup at any Mexican restaurant I go to. This recipe was so easy to make and was absolutely amazing! I sometimes modify it a bit depending on what I can find at the store or what I have a taste for so feel free to switch some things up! This recipe is made in a crock pot which is one of my favorite things to use in the kitchen. Putting everything in the crock pot in the morning and then having my meal ready when I get back from class is the best thing ever!

Ingredients:

  • 3 Medium/Large Size Cans of Chicken (I used fresh chicken breasts from the grocery store and cut them up myself)
  • 1 Can of Green Chillies
  • 1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 Bag Frozen Corn
  • 1 Can Black Beans Rinsed
  • 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
  • 1 Can Chicken Broth
  • 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
Add ons:
  • Any Type of Shredded Cheese
  • Tortilla Chips
  • Salsa (I used Sriracha sauce)
  • Sour Cream
Steps:
  1. Put all the ingredients in the crock pot
  2. Keep it on low for however long you need! I kept mine on for about 6 hours and it could keep heating up even longer!
This was such a simple recipe to make and was so amazing! It really makes the house smell incredible too! I got numerous text messages from my roommates asking what I was making because it smelled so good! I hope you all get the opportunity to try this recipe!

xo
Olivia



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS