Since the past few days have been beyond cold here in Indiana I decided to make something to help out my body. Soup! And even better.. Chicken Tortilla Soup! This is one of my favorite recipes to make and I love eating this soup at any Mexican restaurant I go to. This recipe was so easy to make and was absolutely amazing! I sometimes modify it a bit depending on what I can find at the store or what I have a taste for so feel free to switch some things up! This recipe is made in a crock pot which is one of my favorite things to use in the kitchen. Putting everything in the crock pot in the morning and then having my meal ready when I get back from class is the best thing ever!
- 3 Medium/Large Size Cans of Chicken (I used fresh chicken breasts from the grocery store and cut them up myself)
- 1 Can of Green Chillies
- 1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Bag Frozen Corn
- 1 Can Black Beans Rinsed
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Can Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- Any Type of Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Salsa (I used Sriracha sauce)
- Sour Cream
- Put all the ingredients in the crock pot
- Keep it on low for however long you need! I kept mine on for about 6 hours and it could keep heating up even longer!
This was such a simple recipe to make and was so amazing! It really makes the house smell incredible too! I got numerous text messages from my roommates asking what I was making because it smelled so good! I hope you all get the opportunity to try this recipe!